Dangal (Wrestling Competition)

I want to recommend you to see a good movie this week, and it's Dangal, which is a 2016 Indian Hindi-language biographical sports drama film. 



It was adapted from true story. Aamir Khan (the main character in the 3 idiots) acted as Mahavir Singh Phogat, who taught wresting to his daughters, Geeta and Babita. 

This is Mahavir and his daughters.

Mahavir was an amateur wrestler, and he gave up wrestling in order to obtain better employment. His dream is to win a gold medal for India. Therefore, he hoped that his wife could give birth to a son who might get the chance to achieve his goal. However, his wife only gave birth to four girls. Just as he was ready to give up his dream, he found that his daughters might have the talent to wrestle. Then , he started a severe training with his daughters. 
「我和我的冠軍女兒」的圖片搜尋結果


The father did many cruel things, for example, he asked his daughter to jump in to cold water to train their bravery or cut their hair so that they won't be distracted from wrestling. I went to see the movie with my father, and I thought of many things that my dad did to me when I'm still a little girl. He also cut my hair while I was in junior high, thus, I could fully understood the sadness of being cut the most important part of a girl. ( Not to say how serious it is in India!) The two girls also felt sad and thought that their papa didn't love them. (Just as what I thought then.) After some incidents, they comprehended that their father was trying to give them the chance to change their future. 

However, the road to success wasn't that kind of easy. The daughters would meet different coaches and left their father someday. They would know what liberty is once they left their father. Geeta left first, and she started to change. She became a superficial girl then started to lose many games. Luckily, due to her father, she finally won the game. (Well, I shouldn't talk too much about the content. So please see it by yourself.😆)

I think this is quite an inquiring movie. It clearly shows out the striving behind the glory. Also, the affection between the father and the daughters made me cry several times. It makes me think of my parents who were also quite strict while I was still little. At the end of the movie, I even applauded for the championship Geeta won. (I promised there are still others applauded as I did.😅)

By the way, I really want to praise the perseverance of the main character, Aamir Khan. It's said that he ate so much and became a 97 kilos fat guy for the movie. Then, he had to lose weight again (lose 28 kilos) in five months for some of the part of the movie. It's almost impossible.😟


Well, I really really really recommend you to see this movie. Spare 3 hours for this fantastic movie, and you will surely learn a lot from it.💓

留言

  1. Alice watched this in the movie theater alone when this movie first came out in Taiwan. She said it was wonderful and highly recommend us to watch. She also said that it is worthy to spend the same money as some 1 and half hour movie to watch the three hour movie.

    回覆刪除
  2. I remember you introduce the movie in the oral class. Alice watched the movie in the few weaks ago. She recommends it for us interruputedly. She also says that it is worthy watching the second time. However, I think the only shortcoming is that people should sit for 3 hours. I think the main character looks different.

    回覆刪除
  3. You’ve recommended me to watch this movie for so many times that I can feel that how much you love it. XD To be honest with you, I don’t really interested in this kind of movie, so I won’t go to movie theater for it. However, I will see it online if I have the chance!:) Btw, I’m really impressed by the effort that Aamir Khan made for the movie!

    回覆刪除
  4. The last photo surprised me. It is hard to believe that a fat man becomes a strong man and have the wonderful muscle! I think the movie you recommend must be very good. If I have time lately, I will spare some of my free time to watch this movie. But before I watch this movie, I should need to finish my Korean drama first haha!

    回覆刪除
  5. Just like most of others, I knew Aamir Khan from that very famous movie 3 Idiots. That was a very long movie but I was surprised that I 've been re-watching for at least three times until now. Aamir is definitely a very remarkable Indian actor. In fact, I just read a report about him on Facebook yesterday and got totally amazed by his achievement. Especially the part that he refused to fake his obesity in the movie while he managed to have the perseverance to lose all that weight after shooting the movie. Maybe I'll watch it after mid term week ha ha

    回覆刪除

張貼留言

熱門文章