Korean Drama - Guardian: The Lonely and Great God

I want to share a Korean drama which in my opinion was the best drama in 2016. That is Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (孤獨又燦爛的神-鬼怪).🎇🎇 The screenwriter, Kim Eun-sook(金銀淑) is the same as another famous Korean Drama Descendants of the Sun.
Guardian: The Lonely and Great God
This is a sad story about two couples' love storiesIn ancient times, Kim Shin (Gong Yoo 孔侑) is an unbeatable general in wars, but the King (Lee Gong-Wook李棟旭 ) is jealous of Kim Shin and kills him. Kim Shin becomes Dokkaebi (Goblin), possessing an immortal life. At first he thinks that he is blessed, but he realizes that he is cursed since he has to face the endless death of those he love. The curse of his immortal life could only be removed by marrying a human bride. The human bride is Ji Eun-Tuk (Kim Go-Eun金高恩), whose mother is saved by Kim Shin in a car accident. Kim Shin meets Ji Eun-Tuk when she puffs out the candles on her birthday cake several years later. Then the two start to experience a series of events and get together at the end.



Aside from the Goblin couple, I think the couple of the King and Goblin's younger sister, Sunny (Yoo In-Na劉仁娜) is also cute. The King killed Sunny because that he thinks that Sunny is not on his side but his brother's side. Due to the bad things he has done, he becomes a messenger of Hades and forgets what he has done when he was alive. When Grim Reaper and Sunny meets, the two fall in love again. However, there are so many obstacles between them so they don't get together at the end. (But they fall in love again in their next life.)




I think this drama is quite novel compared with other Korean dramas. It is about the four lives of humans and deficient love of people. I had cried several times when I saw this dramas. Sunny loves Grim Reaper but she couldn't stay with him because of his guiltiness, and Goblin loves  Ji Eun-Tuk; however, the fate sets the two apart. It's really cruel for they to spend their whole lives missing others. 
Also, there are many funny things in this drama. Even though Goblin and Grim Reaper are enemies in their last lives, they really have a good time before they know the fact. 



The two are really cute haha😍
 

Well, this is my introduction to this Korean Drama, wish all of you can enjoy it and have a good time watching it.😎




留言

  1. I think this drama is the best one that Kim Eun-sook have ever written!! Also, the actors and actresses really match perfectly with the characters, making this drama wonderful!

    回覆刪除
  2. I finished watching this korean drama, The Lonely and Great God, during the winter vacation. It is so touching that I even cried for a few time. It is no exaggeration that this is one of my favorite korean dramas and I want to watch it again. Btw, I love Lee Gong-Wook!❤️

    回覆刪除
  3. I have known this Korean drama for a long time but I still have no time to watch it......Many of my friends all say it is worth watching!!!Maybe after midterm exam I will use my free time to watch it. But I need to finish my the other Korean drama :)

    回覆刪除

張貼留言

熱門文章